1 | What does this mean for me? | |
2 | We are not for eating, drinking, and marriage; | |
3 | Everything revolves around bread and death. | |
4 | You work hard towards a personal goal. | |
5 | But today isn' t preparation for tomorrow. | |
6 | Therefore, the Queen made sure the princess did not marry. | |
7 | 然而,我们的今天并不是为着明天而活。今天才是最重要的一天。
But today isn't preparation for tomorrow. Today's the main event. | |
8 | All we do is to the people and for the people. | |
9 | We gripped with the stripping of Jesus' dignity on Maundy Thursday. | |
10 | He glared at Cal, but he walked well around him. | |
11 | 而美狄亚为着自己成功的骗术而自鸣得意着逃离了。
Medea flees the scene, smug in the success of her deception. | |
12 | If you weeped for the missing sunset, you would miss all the shining stars. | |
13 | 如果你为着错过夕阳而哭泣,那么你就要错怪群星了。
If you weeped for the missing sunset, you would miss the stars. | |
14 | 我像麝鹿一样在林荫中奔走,为着自己的香气而发狂。
I run as a musk-deer runs in the shadow of the forest mad with his own perfume. | |
15 | 成千上万的先烈为着人民的利益英勇地献出了自己的生命。
Thousands upon thousands of martyrs have heroically laid down their lives for the people. | |
16 | 如不美观你为着错过夕照而抽泣,那么你就要错群星了。
If you weeped for the missing sunset, you would miss all the shining stars. | |
17 | 聪明的父母就会意识到每一天都是为着孩子的将来做准备的。
The wise parent realizes that every day is being laid for the child's future. | |
18 | 因此,女人为着天使的缘故,应当在头上有服权柄的表记。
Therefore the woman ought to have a sign of submission to authority on her head for the sake of the angels. | |
19 | 在受难节,我们为着主被订十架而忧伤,为自己的罪孽而惮悔。
On Good Friday, we remorse over Jesus' crucifixion and our sins. | |
20 | 现在,付钱给学生的行为逐渐增加,有时甚至只是为着让他们来上课。
Now, there is a growing movement to pay the students -- in some cases, even just for coming to class. |