1 | That's a special pleading. | |
2 | You cannot convince people by sophistry. | |
3 | They blustered it out and swore that they were innocent. | |
4 | A bullhead always likes chopping logic with others. | |
5 | If you are wrong, you should admit your mistake and not resort to lame arguments. | |
6 | He always chops logic with others, believing he is the right one. | |
7 | My sister likes to chop logic with others, because she is very emulative. | |
8 | D. Because he hadn't eaten her fried fish at all. | |
9 | There was a sophisticated case for this policy. | |
10 | 我不觉得哪里强词夺理了,我也不清楚我哪里不讲理了。
I do not feel where chicanery, I also am not clear that my where is not reasonable. | |
11 | You just say, 'Because she is,' and I'll say it's mere assertion. | |
12 | 但是德国方面,也就是德国的财政部长,过于强词夺理。
But the German side, namely the finance minister, has been very heavily polemical. | |
13 | 他在人行道上骑车撞了人,还强词夺理说人家没给他让路。
He hit a pedestrian while riding his bicycle on the pavement, but still he offered the lame excuse that the person didn't make way for him. | |
14 | 他们会欣赏这部影片的设计、狡诈,以及对设计、狡诈和恶行选择的强词夺理。
They will appreciate the design, guile and sophistication of this movie about design, guile and the choice between evils. | |
15 | 真是强词夺理,是那些人自己贪心才让我有机可趁而且我从不,使用暴力。
Nice rationalization. l never took anybody who didn't let me out of greed or weakness. And l never. used violence. | |
16 | 不管怎么样,都要温驯地接受,不可争辩,更不可强词夺理来惹父母伤心生气。
No matter how they react, we should compliantly accept their admonition, and not argue with them or make them angry or upset. | |
17 | 我不会去强词夺理地讲,但实际的数字却倾向于这个结论,至少在我公司是这样。
I would not go as far as to say that but the numbers are leaning towards that conclusion, at least in my company. | |
18 | 从事实看来这解释有点牵强或强词夺理。但奥巴马的利比亚军事行动连这点狡辩的边都沾不上,因为国会没有拨款用于利比亚战争。
It was a big stretch, given the actual facts -- but Obama can't even take advantage of this same desperate expedient, since Congress has appropriated no funds for the Libyan war. | |
19 | 一旦我们强词夺理地说“其他人也都这么干”,负疚感便如心灵的向导,把我们嘲笑得无地自容。
It is the internal guide that mocks us when we argue "everybody else is doing it". | |
20 | 当然读者中有些人会认为这样有点强词夺理,但是事实是,当你喜欢上一个人的时候你的大脑也开始不清醒了。
Of course there will be some of you reading this that are the very epitome of dating sophistication, but the truth is, when you lose your heart you also lose your head. |