1 | When the owl sings, the nightingale will hold her peace. | |
2 | We all wait with bated breath. | |
3 | The shabby house seemed to listen. | |
4 | I, for one, am not going to hold my breath. | |
5 | The song was so beautiful it made me catch my breath. | |
6 | I stand breathless and shivering beneath a clear night sky. | |
7 | So have we reached the breath-holding limit yet? | |
8 | Her voice compelled me forward breathlessly as I listened. | |
9 | The stars hold their breath counting the hours, the feeble moon swims the deep night. | |
10 | But it would be a big mistake to think we're holding our breath. | |
11 | 我希望这个报道是100%准确的,但我还是屏息而待。
I hope the quote is 100% accurate, but I'm not holding my breath. | |
12 | 这里没有闪烁的霓虹灯,没有宗教的供品,没有令人屏息的景色。
There are no flashing lights, no religious offerings, no breathtaking views. But it's there. | |
13 | 整个世界都在屏息聆听,就连天国里的上帝也开颜欢笑。
The whole world stills to listen , and God in His heaven smiles. | |
14 | 在那昙花一现的神妙的瞬间,人面对这个新大陆一定屏息惊异。
For a transitory enchanted moment man must have held his breath in the presence of this continent. | |
15 | 然而整个世界都在屏息聆听,就连上帝也在天堂里开颜欢笑。
But the whole world stills to listen, and God in His heaven smiles. | |
16 | 他们当时停下脚步,屏息静气,黑熊终于慢步走开了,没打扰他们。
But they stopped, stayed quiet and finally the bears went away slowly without bothering them. | |
17 | 把芭蕾这项看似深奥高妙的艺术变得可亲,并让人屏息以待。
The movie makes the world of ballet, seen by so many as rarefied, accessible and exciting, a rigorous art that yields breathtaking results. | |
18 | 而碧血黄沙,万众屏息的斗牛场面在音乐里又向我们迎面扑来。
And the impassioned corrida scene come from the music to us. | |
19 | 50年前的那一天与现在是如此不同,就连国度也有差异。那一天,我们都屏息期待着最好的结果。
It was 50 years ago, a different time - a different country, really - and we all held our breath and hoped for the best. | |
20 | 抬眸四顾,众人都屏息仰望星光寥落的夜空,轻声地倒算开始时间。
Carry eye Sigu, all are looking at stars scattered in the sky, quietly but start time. |