1 | Just like the old frontiersman losing his horse, who knows but that this may be a blessing in disguise? | |
2 | Disaster is blessing in disguise. | |
3 | His fail in the match was just a blessing in disguise. | |
4 | Mr. Reisinger views the housing slump as a blessing in disguise. | |
5 | For me personally, it was a blessing in disguise. | |
6 | Every cloud has a silver lining. | |
7 | It means that a bad thing may become good thing under certain condition. | |
8 | 塞翁失马,安知非福。现在你可以将你一直没时间看的书看完了。
Well, every cloud has a silver lining. Now you can read all those books you haven't had time for. | |
9 | Losing your job was just a blessing in disguise. | |
10 | 塞翁失马焉知非福,或许这会让我变得更加强大。
Perhaps it is also good for my career and it will make me stronger mentally. | |
11 | 美国选民给奥巴马的打击,也是一次“塞翁失马”的遭遇。
The pounding delivered by America's voters to the Democrats is a blessing in disguise for Barack Obama. | |
12 | 于是送他一句话:“现在你知道什么叫做‘塞翁失马’了吧”。
I said to him, "now you may understand what 'The man at the frontier had lost his horse' means." | |
13 | 记住:塞翁失马,焉知非福。(没有得到你想要的东西有时候未必不是一件好事。)
Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck. | |
14 | 不要对当下的逆境沮丧,因为这可能是塞翁失马,安知非福。
Don't be frustrated by your present unfavorable situation because it could be a blessing in disguise. | |
15 | (英译汉)灾祸象刀子,拿着刀柄可以服务我们,也拿到刀刃会伤害我们。塞翁失马,焉知非福?
Mishaps are like knives that either serve us or cut us as we grasp them by the handle or blade. | |
16 | 没有得到那份工作其实是塞翁失马,因为现在我已得到一个好得多的工作。
Not getting that job was actually a blessing in disguise, because I have got a much better one. | |
17 | 经过这件事,我深刻领会到了“塞翁失马,焉知非富”这个成语的意义!
This made feel deeply the meaning of a idiom, a loss may turn out to be a gain. | |
18 | 当丘吉尔在1945年的大选中落败的时候,他的妻子克莱曼婷告诉他“塞翁失马,焉知非福”。
When Winston Churchill was defeated in the 1945 general election, his wife, Clementine, told him it was "a blessing in disguise". | |
19 | 正如丘吉尔一样,奥巴马一定也在想,如果这次失败是一次塞翁失马,那么同样,他也摔得很惨。
Like Churchill, he must be inclined to think that, if this is a blessing, it is a very well disguised one. | |
20 | 昨天脸上刚挨了一巴掌,现在,这些想法看上去有些一厢情愿,但是有时侯塞翁失马,焉知非福?
After yesterday's slap in the face this may sound like wishful thinking, but sometimes bad turns have positive unintended consequences. |